Tuesday, June 13, 2006

 

Keano Retires

Roy Keane has called it a day and retired from professional football after receiving medical advice regarding his injuries. I think Roy will be missed by players and supporters alike because of his huge commitment to the game. He was a footballer player first and foremost rather than a footballer/model or footballer/celebrity. He split public opinion in 2002 when he returned home from Saipan after an argument with Mick McCarthy over the inadequate preparations made by the FAI for the 2002 World Cup. This incident inspired the muscial 'I, Keano', which was a huge hit in Ireland and was also shown in the UK. I hope that he does go on to become a coach and a manager because he was a great player and has a lot to pass on.

Comments:
I'm detecting a disturbing football trend of late... listen, I gave up the Fantasy Football to avoid all of this.
 
Post a Comment



Home