Wednesday, August 09, 2006

 

Affogato

I went for dinner last night and as much as I love dessert I couldn’t order it because I was so full after the main course. I perused the coffee menu and came upon ‘Affogato’ which was something new for me, so I asked the waitress what it was. She explained that it was a shot of hot espresso coffee with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream in it. What a great idea – combining after dinner coffee with ice-cream! Needless to say it was delicious, unfortunately drinking espresso at half nine at night wasn’t compatible with a good night’s sleep. Apparently “Affogato” means “I’m drowing” in Italian which is pretty apt considering the ice-cream is ‘drowning’ in espresso. You can also add a liqueur such as Grand Marnier, Cointreau, Strega or even Nocell (a walnut liqueur) to your affogato for that extra touch of luxury!

Comments:
Ooh, aren't we posh?! Affogato no less. Sounds nice though, next time I'm out, and there's no cheese-cake on the menu, I'll be sure to look out for it.
 
"Cause she's a dedicated follower of fashion!"

I'm sure The Kinks won't mind that I changed it from a guy to a girl!
 
Post a Comment



Home