Wednesday, September 06, 2006

 

Some Upcoming Gigs This September (In Cork)

FRED – The Cork band Fred will be playing in Cyprus Avenue on the 23rd of September. The gig is scheduled to start at 9pm and tickets can be purchased for €5. Fred are a five piece band that play lively, energetic and fun music. I heard them play in the Savoy last year and it was an enjoyable gig because they played like lunatics and interacted well with the crowd. They released their second album ‘Making Music So You Don't Have To' back in February last year.

MICK FLANNERY – I’ve seen Mick Flannery play about three or four times and the venues have generally been fairly small bar his gig in the Spiegeltent a couple of months ago. Mick is playing a concert in the Opera House on the 24th of September. This is a free concert but you can win tickets by answering the following question - In What City does the Beamish Experience take place? A. Donegal B. Cork C. Sligo - and texting the word BEAMISH followed by your answer; A, B, or C to 51500. The competition ends on Wednesday the 20th of September.

THE COMPLETE STONE ROSES – I’m a bit of a fan of The Stone Roses and of Ian Brown’s solo offerings so I’m in two minds about going to see this band. In general I’m kind of iffy about cover bands sometimes they can be really good and sometimes they make you cringe so much that you want to dig a hole in the ground and jump into it! The Complete Stone Roses are playing in An Cruiscin Lan on the 29th of September at 9pm and tickets cost €15.

Comments:
Thanks for reminding me about the Mick Flannery comp, had forgotten to do this. Fred are always good live so must try get along to that.
 
I entered the Mick Flannery competition and now I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that I get some tickets.
 
Post a Comment



Home