Friday, June 22, 2007

 

I Graduated Yesterday……(well sort of)

Well the truth of the matter is that my cousin graduated yesterday after five long years as a med student. I graduated (twice) many years ago and missed both graduations. I know I know, missing one is understandable but missing two is just careless. Anyway the upshot of not going to my graduations is that I had no graduation photographs. This is something that has never really bothered me but which my mother has had a tendency to bring up now and again. It didn’t help a couple of months ago around the time of my sister’s wedding when my brother arrived home from Australia and suddenly framed graduation photos were popping up all over the house. I had meant to get some graduation photographs taken but I never got around to it. The situation was rectified yesterday in a very painless manner when I took some fake graduation photos wearing my cousin’s cap & gown and using a rolled up lunch menu in lieu of my degree. I didn’t feel too bad about it either when my cousin's younger brother and sister got in on the act and both had their photographs taken wearing her cap and gown. I think it’s a good idea to have a few spare graduation photos hanging around just in case they miss their real graduations when the time comes.

Comments:
LOL! Your mum must be delighted. Ah, to relive those golden days again...
 
Well, I'm either really early or really late for everything (it annoys everyone), and I have a feeling that I'll be really late for something important like my graduation.
So that sounds like a good plan.
 
Yeah, my Mum got a bit too into the whole occassion and started worrying about what she would wear for the photos. I took the photos with my little Nikon so they aren't in the least bit professional looking!

Backup graduation photos are definitely the way to go. :-)
 
Post a Comment



Home