Friday, July 13, 2007

 

Die Hard 4.0

I went to Die Hard 4.0 a couple of nights ago in the Mahon shopping centre. I rarely go to Mahon because I prefer other cinemas around the city but on this occasion Mahon had the best time choice. This is probably because they had it showing on 3 different screens. The problem was there was a terrible smell of feet all the way through the film. Aside from this slight annoyance I thoroughly enjoyed the film. I saw Die Hard 1&2 a couple of years ago but I’ve never seen the third one, Die Hard: With a Vengeance so I wouldn’t consider myself a big Die Hard fan. However I really enjoyed Die Hard 4.0 even though it was a bit over the top in places. The premise of the film is that John McClane takes on an Internet-based terrorist organisation that is systematically shutting down the United States. I liked the character of the hacker Matt Farrell, he was very funny and had some good lines. I was surprised to see Kevin Smith playing the character of Warlock. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him play any other character than Silent Bob in his own films (e.g. Clerks, Mallrats, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back… etc.). He gave a pretty convincing performance as a computer geek from his ‘command centre’ otherwise known as his Mother’s basement. I also liked the fact that Cliff Curtis (aka the 'Bom Chicka Wah Wah’ guy from Whalerider) played Deputy Director Bowman except perhaps he didn’t have enough screen time. There were some great action bits involving helicopters, cars, trucks and fighter planes. If you like action flicks with humour then you might get a kick out of Die Hard 4.0.

Comments:
Ah you have to see Die Hard 3. Possibly the best
 
I'll have to check it out the next time it's on TV.
 
Post a Comment



Home