Thursday, December 20, 2007

 

A Visit to the Dentist

It had been niggling away at the back of my mind for ages and I knew that I needed to make an appointment. The only problem was I can’t remember the last time I had been to the dentist. Although I did have a sneaking suspicion that it was possibly more than six years ago. It’s not that I had a toothache or anything like that; I just had a general uneasy feeling that this was something that I had neglected for far too long. Part of the reason that I hadn’t been to the dentist in ages is because I didn’t really like my previous dentist.
So a few weeks ago I nabbed the name of a dentist off my sister and rang for an appointment. Then I trotted along on the specified date and was pleasantly surprised by the experience. The staff were very nice and the dentist was lovely, although I did feel a little bit like a naughty schoolgirl because I couldn’t really remember the last time I had been to a dentist.
After the cute dentist gave the contents of my mouth a thorough once over, the dental hygienist took some photos of my teeth and gave me a few pointers. It was really interesting, in an ‘oh I never realised teeth could be in anyway interesting’ sort of a way. Needless to say after this positive experience I’m looking forward to going back for regular checkups. :-)

Comments:
I visit the dentist regularly. Althoguh I think I might be put off if he was taking photos of my mouth.
Did he use a normally sized camera or a novelty tiny one?
 
It was actually the dental hygienist that took the photographs and she used the cutest mini camera.
 
Post a Comment



Home