Monday, February 18, 2008

 

Gareth Dunlop

Foy Vance played in Cyprus Avenue at the start of last week. When I went to the gig I just wanted to see Foy Vance and go. For once I wasn’t really in the mood for a support act. Normally I’m happy to see a support act because you never know how good they are going to be. Anyway, after standing around for a while a tall guy came on stage with a guitar and started singing. He had a great voice, one that makes you sit up and take notice. He eventually introduced himself, in a lovely northern accent, as Gareth Dunlop. At the end of the night I bought his EP which has four great songs on it. Three of the songs on the EP – ‘That’s When I Know’, ‘Dreamers’ and ‘Firefly’ can be heard on one of his myspace pages (just google ‘Gareth Dunlop Music’). I think it’s worth a listen. :-)

Comments: Post a Comment



Home