Sunday, September 07, 2008

 

Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day

I went to see ‘Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day’ last weekend with my cousin, my sister and her friend. Kudos to my cousin for suggesting this film, which was really lovely. The film stars Frances McDormand as Guinevere Pettigrew and Amy Adams as Delysia Lafosse. The story centres around Miss Pettigrew losing her job as a governess and being unable to get a new job from the employment agency. As a result of a misunderstanding Miss Pettigrew becomes the social secretary to Delysia Lafosse who is an American actress and singer. Miss Lafosse is trying to make a name for herself in London. She has enlisted the help of three boyfriends to help her in this quest. It soon becomes Miss Pettigrew’s job to help Miss Lafosse keep her life from getting too complicated. Lee Pace plays the character of Michael, one of Miss Lafosse’s boyfriends and he is extremely yummy throughout the film (hence the picture to the right). :-)

Comments:
No way, no way! I just saw this last night. Is his name Lee Pace? Where have I seen him before? I was the same..it wasn't hard to pick which of the three boyfriends she should choose. And I thought, " Oh, finally, they've put a manly and yummy man on screen as the love interest, not someone girly looking."
 
Hey CA, don't you think yerman looks a bit like me in that picture. If I had longer hair and a thinner face I mean :) I checked other pictures of him and I look nothing like him in those. Damn though, he's a bit of a Ryan Tubridy in reality though... yikes!
 
Gamma, please don't compare Lee Pace to Ryan Tubridy!!!

Coastal Aussie, yes I agree that Lee Pace is indeed manly and yummy. :-)
 
Post a Comment



Home