Wednesday, April 22, 2009

 

BellX1 in Dolans

I went to see BellX1 play in Dolan’s in Limerick at the end of March. I hadn’t been to Dolan’s before and I really liked it as a venue. ‘Villagers’ played support for BellX1 and despite the fact that the lead singer looked about twelve years old, they were good. They currently have an EP called ‘Hollow Kind’ out and I’m quite attached to the song ‘Pieces’. I think they are playing in Cork soon so there is an opportunity to catch them in the near future. They are also playing at Electric Picnic as are BellX1. We were very close to the front of the stage for this gig which was a bit disconcerting but I still managed to enjoy it. :-) For once the people around us weren’t too mental, bar the group to our right who persisting in yelling out the words of every song. I have no problem with people singing along, as that's all part of the gig but don’t yell out the words during the quieter songs!!! BellX1 played another blinder of a gig and had the crowd begging for more.

Comments: Post a Comment



Home