Thursday, May 14, 2009


Dictionary Corner # 44

Retroussé – adjective

(of a person’s nose) turned up at the tip.

ORIGIN French, ‘tucked up’

I can't believe there is such a fancy name to describe my type of nose! Retrousse'- no way! The best I ever came up with was, my 'button nose'. But now, it is retrousse', which makes my nose sound a little bit shy, just like me. :) Now if only I can fit this word into my everyday conversations, I'll be so set, I'll be retrousset..he he he. (so silly, I know)
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link