Thursday, August 13, 2009

 

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

I went to see the sixth Harry Potter film a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it. I think part of the reason that I enjoyed it was that I hadn’t read the book in ages so I was able to enjoy the film without comparing it to the book. There is some great humour in the film mainly provided by Ron. He is brilliant in the run up to the quidditch match and afterwards when he is enjoying being the hero of the hour. Hermione also has some funny lines in response to Ron’s romance with Lavender Brown and Lavender herself gets to utter hilarious lines such as ‘Where’s my won won?’. Harry even manages to get in one or two funny lines himself. Aside from the humour there are plenty of creepy moments such as anytime the young Tom Riddle is on the screen. He is played by two different actors, one at aged 11 and the other at aged 16. He is pretty creepy at both ages but maybe more creepy when he is sixteen. But overall I don’t think that the film is as creepy as the book.

Comments: Post a Comment



Home